Sunday, February 17, 2013

Life is short, world is moving fast

The fairest way to handle this problem is to grant illegal aliens legal status as residents under a reasonable process but not to grant citizenship as a reward for invading the country. Children brought here deserve legal residence status but not citizenship unless they have served five years of more in the military and earned some sort of academic or vocational degree that meets a need we have as a society.
Illegal residents who want citizenship ought to leave the country and apply for legal entry but not under the burdensome rules that now apply. They ought to stay out of the country until they can legally enter and apply for citizenship.
Many people can contribute to our society without becoming voting citizens. We might want to make residency something open to all people from Mexico and some Central American countries as well as some Caribbean nations....